Saturday, December 29, 2007

Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge Completed





I just completed this challenge in the nick of time. The challenge introduced me to two new authors that I really enjoyed (Philippa Gregory and Lisa See). It's been a fun challenge traveling around the world!

Lesley located at A Life in Books is holding The Armchair Traveler Reading Challenge.

The challenge runs from July 1 through December 31, 2007 during which time you must read six books that fall under the ‘armchair traveling’ theme.


  • Fiction or non-fiction works are fine, and do not need to be specifically travel related, as long as the location is integral to the book - I’ll leave that to your discretion. Locations must be actual places that you could visit, so no Middle Earths or galaxies far, far away.

  • Books may be cross-posted to other challenges, but you cannot count any books read prior to July 1st.

  • To join, make a post outlining your six choices and link to that post below. Because I like to have a little wiggle room, you can opt to switch out books throughout the challenge.

  • And yes, there will be prizes!

I think this is the last challenge that I will join for a while until I complete some of my other challenges. My books for this challenge are:

Brick Lane by Monica Ali [Finished Dec. 25th,2007]
Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert [Finished Oct. 31st,2007]
The Constant Princess by Philippa Gregory [Finished Sept. 2nd,2007]
A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini [Finished Nov. 13th,2007]
Snow Flower and the Secret Fan by Lisa See [Finished July 22nd,2007]
The Full Cupboard of Life by Alexander McCall Smith [Finished Dec. 7th,2007]

No comments: