Sunday, March 11, 2007

Eragon





Eragon by Christopher Paolini
Finished March 11th, 2007
Rating: 7/10










It took me about 250 pages to really get into this book (it is a whopping 500 pages although the print is on the large side so don't be frightened by the length) but once that happened I had a hard time putting it down. Think Harry Potter meets Lord of the Rings. There is magic, legends, dragons, elves, dwarfs, humans and of course the battles between good and evil, everything you need for a good fantasy book.

A map of Alagaesia was provided where the adventures take place which really helped me to visualize and connect with the story better.

I believe there is a movie coming out based on this book and I am excited to see the story come to life.

Although at times the plot proves to be unoriginal, I still enjoyed it and would still recommend this book to those that enjoyed the Harry Potter and Lord of the Ring books, I will be running out to pick up the sequel to this book called Eldest.

No comments: