Friday, June 22, 2007

Harvest

Harvest by Tess Gerritsen

Finished June 21st, 2007

Rating: 9/10

Medical Mystery Madness Challenge Book #2

2007 Summer Mystery Reading Challenge Book #1


I killed two birds with one stone with this book as it overlapped between two challenges. This was a new author to me that I found by signing up for the Medical Mystery Madness Challenge and I have to say I really enjoyed this book and will be reading more from this author. The author kept my interest with the twist and turns without going over the top.

From the Publisher

Medical resident Dr. Abby Matteo is elated when the elite cardiac transplant team at Boston''s Bayside Hospital taps her as a potential recruit. But faced with a tormenting life-and-death decision, Abby helps direct a crash victim''s harvested heart to a dying teenager -- instead of the wealthy older woman who was supposed to receive it. The repercussions leave Abby shaken and plagued with self-doubt.

Suddenly, a new heart appears, and the woman''s transplant is completed. Then Abby makes a terrible discovery. The donor records have been falsified -- the new heart has not come through the proper channels. Defying the hospital''s demands for silence, she begins her own investigation that reveals a murderous, unthinkable conspiracy. Every move Abby makes spawns a vicious backlash...and on a ship anchored in the waters of Boston harbor, the grisly truth lies waiting.

3 comments:

twiga92 said...

This is one of my favorites by Gerritsen. Glad you enjoyed it. Another good one by her is Gravity.

Pamela (aka Paiges) said...

Thanks for the suggestion, I will add it to my by TBR list.

Crystal said...

I too enjoyed this book.