Thursday, April 5, 2007

Open House





Open House by Elizabeth Berg
Finished April 5th, 2007
Rating: 7/10






I decided to give this book a try as it is an Oprah Book Club pick and I have never read any books by this author before and find that for the most part I enjoy Oprah's picks.

You can't help but love the main character Samantha who is going through a divorce and all the emotions that come with it. I found the author portrayed Samantha's emotions very honestly as she trys to find herself.

This book made me laugh out loud a couple of times and it was easy to put yourself in Sam's shoes and identify with her.

I really enjoyed Berg's writing style as it wasn't overly descriptive and was direct and to the point, I found it to be quite an easy and enjoyable read and will be reading more from this author.

No comments: