Saturday, March 3, 2007

For One More Day




For One More Day by Mitch Albom
Finished March 2nd, 2007
Literary Fiction
Rating: 6/10






While I enjoyed this book I did not enjoy it as much as "The Five People You Meet in Heaven". The overall concept of the book entails getting to spend “one more day” with a lost loved one and the unconditional love a mother has for a child. This book teaches you the importance of making the most of every moment with the people you love.

It broke my heart when I read the last moment that Chick spent with his mother and that he was in such a hurry to leave he didn't take a moment to give her a kiss or tell her that he loved her before he left to fulfill his father's dream. This is an important lesson to take to heart and realize that we should take the time to focus on saying goodbye properly every time you leave a loved one.

I still have not read "Tuesdays with Morries" but I will be adding it to me To Be Read list.

2 comments:

Joy said...

I read this one not too long ago and pretty much have the same feelings as you. Come on over and read my thoughts about it. :)

I read TUESDAYS WITH MORRIE and loved it.

Happy Reading!

Joy said...

Hi Paige! I'm so glad you stopped by my blog. From what I can tell, we do have similiar tastes! I left you another message on mine.

BTW ~ The above "comment deleted" was me. Somehow the same message was printed twice. ??? I think you can delete the "comment deleted".