Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Shopaholic & Baby



Shopaholic & Baby by Sophie Kinsella

Finished April 24th, 2007

Rating: 6/10






I have read all of Sophie Kinsella's books and I was skeptical as to whether I would enjoy this one as I didn't really enjoy the last book in the Shopaholic series.

The book is about the main character Becky from the Shopaholic series who is preparing to have a baby, that about sums it up.

While I found Becky to be endearing and loveable in the first 3 Shopaholic books I just find her downright annoying now. She never seems to learn from her mistakes and she takes materialism to an extreme. The lack of communication between her and her husband in this book boggles my mind.

While the ending did redeem the book for me I think it is time for this series to be put to rest.

I own all of Kinsella's books however decided to get this one from the library and I am glad I did and didn't spend money on it.

1 comment:

alisonwonderland said...

my sister introduced me to Becky Bloomwood, and i wasn't sure what i thought at first. but i've come to enjoy these light-hearted, somewhat satrical novels - including this one. i think Shopaholic & Sister was my favorite.