Friday, June 15, 2007

Shock

Shock by Robin Cook

Finished June 14th, 2007

Rating: 4/10

Medical Mystery Madness Challenge Book#1


From the Editors

Hoping to help infertile couples and looking for hard cash, two graduate school friends decide to become egg donors. But science students Debbie Cochrane and Joanna Meissner discover that somewhere behind the high walls of the North Shore fertility clinic, their little good deed is being transformed into a ghastly great crime.


So I thought this book had some potential but then it abruptly ended in such a way that the reader wonders whether there is a sequel to the book. There were many times when the book proved to be unrealistic based on some of the decisions made by the girls and many other unrealistic details such as no work reference checks at the Infertility Clinic where the girls are hired when the clinic is so concerned with keeping everything a secret, doesn't seem very realistic to me.

I did find the book entertaining although I often had to roll my eyes at all the unrealistic parts however the ending just killed the book for me so all in all I would not recommend this book to others.

2 comments:

twiga92 said...

I know!! Can you believe the ending? I was like - "What??" Very odd to end the book that way with a cliffhanger. I decided to make up my own ending. :-)

Pamela (aka Paiges) said...

I have another Robin Cook on my list for the challenge so hopefully that one ends up being better :)