Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Twilight


Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

Finished January 29th, 2008

Rating: 7/10

Unread Authors Challenge Book #3



From Barnes and Noble

17-year-old Isabella moves to a small town in Washington State and gets more excitement than she bargained for when she falls for an enigmatic classmate -- who happens to be a vampire.


I was really excited to read this book as my fellow bloggers seem to have nothing but rave reviews for this series. I am also a big fan of the TV show Buffy the Vampire Slayer so this book was right up my alley. The book was good however I was not blown away by it as I expected to be. I think my expectations were so high I couldn't help but be a little disappointed. The writing was a little weak and I found the interaction between Bella and Edward to be somewhat odd. It just seemed liked all of sudden they were in love with each other. I may be in the minority but I don't think the author did a good job of conveying how the love developed between them as I didn't buy it at times. A good book but I wouldn't say a great book.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

I had the same lukewarm reaction to this one. I posted my review a couple weeks ago and since then have found other people who did not love it.

Pamela (aka Paiges) said...

Good to know that I am not the only one out there that didn't fall in love with this book :) I am about to start the next one in the series so maybe I will like it a little better.