Tuesday, August 14, 2007

The Black Echo


The Black Echo by Michael Connelly

Finished August 13th, 2007

Rating: 8/10

2007 Summer Mystery Reading Challenge Book #6
Book Awards Reading Challenge Book #2


This was the first book I have read of Michael Connelly and I very much enjoyed it. The writing reminded me of David Baldacci who is one of my favourite suspense writers.

The story is about an LAPD detective (Harry Bosch) that finds one of his former Vietnam army colleagues dead. It appears to be a drug overdose however after further investigation Bosch believes otherwise. The story is fairly fast paced as it involves bank robberies, the FBI, Internal Affairs, etc.

I was a little disappointed with the Bosch character as he seeems to be the typical loner tortured detective. I hope his character develops over the next few books in the series.

3 comments:

Crystal said...

I read this book not to long ago and enjoyed it. Connelly is alot like Baldacci. His style is also similar to John Sandford to. Sandford writes the Lucas Davenport Series. Chasing The Dime is an intersting book by Connelly. Give it a try! It's not from the Bosch series.

Pamela (aka Paiges) said...

Thanks for the recommendation, I will definately give Chasing the Dime a go!

alisonwonderland said...

i have loved every novel that Michael Connelly has written. i read The Overlook, the latest in the Harry Bosch series, last month, and heartily recommend that you keep reading that series!