Saturday, July 28, 2007

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
by J.K. Rowling


Finished July 27th, 2007


Rating: 10/10



I am very sad that there will be no more Harry Potter books. I found myself not wanting to put the book down however at the same time reading slowly so I wouldn't reach the end.

The only negative thing I can say about the book was that I wished that the other characters had more face time. The story focused on Harry, Ron and Hermoine's journey however I do understand that the plot called for this.

I wish I had re-read the Order of the Phoenix and the Half-Blood Prince before I started this book. There were times it was hard for me to follow the storyline because I couldn't remember what happened in these books since it has been 2 and 4 years since I have read them. I did think that Rowling does a good job of reminding the reader of details that are important from the previous books without overdoing it.

Rowling did an excellent job of wrapping up the story and I think most Harry Potter fans will be happy with the ending.

No comments: