Friday, June 8, 2007

Summer Sisters



Summer Sisters by Judy Blume

Finished June 2nd, 2007

Rating: 8/10





It has been about 20 years since I last read a Judy Blume novel but do remember that I enjoyed her books when I was younger and I ended up really enjoying this book.

I read this book on my vacation in Hawaii and I have to say that it is a perfect book for a beach read. It is a story that spans over 20 years about 2 girls named Victoria and Caitlin that form a lifelong friendship while spending their summers together at Martha's Vineyard. The book is mostly narrated by Victoria however it also provides short narration from the other characters which I liked as it provided some insight as to how the other characters were feeling although it never did provide a narration by Caitlin which I find interesting since she was the most mysterious character.

I enjoyed this light read and would recommend it to others wanting an easy read about coming of age, friendship and love.

No comments: