Sunday, February 25, 2007

Next by Michael Crichton





Next by Michael Crichton
Finished Feb. 24th, 2007
General Fiction
Rating: 5/10






Last night I finished reading "Next" by Michael Crichton. I found that there were too many story lines going on within the book and although they all dealt with genetics, for me the stories didn't really come together as much as I would have liked at the end of the book.

I learned some interesting things about genetics and the book raised some thought-provoking ethical issues about genetics however the fiction part of the book was lacking as it seemed that the author just wanted to write a story about genetics and threw the fiction part in as an afterthought.

It was an average book and definitely not as good as some of his past works.

No comments: