Friday, April 18, 2008

Angela's Ashes


Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt

Finished April 18th, 2008

Rating: 6/10

Book Awards Reading Challenge Book #9



This book started out fast and furious as the author jumped right into it telling his life story. I wasn't too keen on the writing style at first however as I started to get further into the book I did enjoy it a little more.

I found myself comparing the book to a similar Memoir "The Glass Castle" where the family also struggles to make ends meet and whose father also has a drinking problem and spends his earnings (when he does have a job) on alcohol. I didn't enjoy this book as much as The Glass Castle due to the writing style.

The book ends when Frank is 19 so I guess there must be a sequel to continue his story however I don't think I will be picking it up anytime soon.

No comments: