Monday, June 25, 2007

A is for Alibi


A is for Alibi by Sue Grafton

Finished June 24th, 2007

Rating: 6/10

2007 Summer Mystery Reading Challenge Book #2



This was another new author to me that I read for the 2007 Summer Mystery Reading Challenge. This was the first book in a series of books about a private dectective named Kinsey Millhone.

This particular book was about a murder that took place 8 years ago. The suspect that went away for the murder of her husband is out on parole and hires Kinsey to find out who really killed her husband.

I prefer my mystery novels to be a little more fast paced as I didn't find this book to be as fast paced as I normally like. I also found that Graften when into too much description in the book when I didn't think it was really necessary as it didn't really add anything to the book. This book was written in 1982 however it is interesting that the only item I read about that really dated the book was reference to a typewriter.

The writing style reminded me of Janet Evanovich so if you like her books you may enjoy Sue Grafton books as well. I found the ending a little bit predictable but I am interested to read more from the author and see how the character of Kinsey develops over time.

No comments: