Sunday, October 21, 2007

B is for Burglar



B is for Burglar by Sue Grafton

Finished October 20th, 2007

Rating: 6/10

Book Awards Reading Challenge Book #4


From the Publisher
Elaine Boldt is missing, and her sister wants Kinsey Millhone to find her.
Seems like a routine job. Boldt was last seen lavishly draped in a $12,000 lynx coat heading for Boca Raton. She never got there. But someone else had, and was camping out illegally in Mrs. Boldt's abode. Now, things were beginning to seem a bit less routine - particularly when Kinsey is ordered to drop the investigation just as she discovers that days before Elaine Boldt "bolted", her next-door neighbor and bridge partner had been murdered. Unfortunately, the killer is still at large . . . and looking for Kinsey!

The last 60 pages redeemed this book for me as the beginning and middle part of the part was so slow. If it weren't for the last 60 pages I would have rated this book much lower than a 6 out of 10.

I would like to see some more development of the character Kinsey as I feel like I don't know her yet and this is the 2nd book in the series that I have read. I know there are many more books in the series so I am hoping the author does a better job in future books of providing greater insight to Kinsey and what makes her tick.

No comments: