Monday, August 6, 2007

The Thirteenth Tale


The Thirteenth Tale by Diane Setterfield

Finished August 5th, 2007

Rating: 8/10

2007 Summer Mystery Reading Challenge Book #5



I wasn't sure what to expect when I choose this book for the Summer Mystery Reading Challenge and I ended up really enjoying this book. It tells the tale of a best-selling author (Vida Winter) who is reaching the end of her days. She is a mystery to the world and she now wants to tell her story and has reached out to Margaret Lea to be the biographer. And what an interesting story that Winter tells Margaret that I couldn't wait to find out what happened.

Setterfield writes a beautifully unique story. I am glad I choose this book for the challenge otherwise I probably would never have read this book on my own.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I thought this was pretty good, too. Glad you liked it.

Pamela (aka Paiges) said...

Yes, it was a different kind of mystery but I was pleasantly surprised by this book nonetheless.

alisonwonderland said...

i'll be reading this one soon - for the R.I.P. II Challenge and the "Something About Me" Challenge. i've heard good things, so i'm looking forward to it.