Wednesday, December 26, 2007

2008 To Be Read Challenge




I have decided to not sign up for many challenges for 2008 as I am expecting my first child in February so figure I will not have as much time to read as I normally have in the past. However I couldn't resist signing up for this one.

There is a blog set up for this challenge at http://tbrchallenge.blogspot.com/ and the general rules are as follows:

(1) Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2008 - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) but haven't gotten around to.

(2) The challenge runs from January 1, 2008 to December 31, 2008.

(3) Your Alternates list can only be 12 books long.

The books I have selected for this challenge are:

Tuesdays With Morrie by Mitch Albom
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
The Divide by Nicholas Evans
The Other Boleyn Girl by Philippa Gregory
Gone by Jonathan Kellerman
The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver
Forever Odd by Dean Koontz
The Husband by Dean Koontz
The Birth House by Ami Mckay
Songs of the Humpback Whale by Jodi Picoult
Peony in Love by Lisa See
Three Weeks with My Brother by Nicholas Sparks

Alternatives
Harvesting the Heart by Jodi Picoult
Capital Crimes by Jonathan Kellerman
The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho
Daddy's Little Girl by Mary Higgins Clark

1 comment:

Joy said...

Oh my goodness! Congratulations!!! (on expecting your first baby, not joining the challenge) Oh you must be getting BIG now. :) I'm so excited for you. I hope you will keep us posted and keep up with your blog.