Thursday, September 27, 2007

Dystopian Challenge Completed

I have successfully completed my 3rd challenge. I really enjoyed this challenge as 4 out of the 5 books I read I rated with an 8 or higher.

I have signed up for my third challenge over at Lisa's blog at Books. Lists. Life called the Dystopian Challenge. The rules are as follows:

  1. Pick any number of books you wish to read that fall into the Utopia/Dystopia genre.
  2. They do not have to be books you've never read, but hopefully they aren't books you read last week.
  3. Challenge opened March 31st and will last until November 6th.

Lisa provides a list of examples of books in her blog that would fall into each genre which makes it easy to pick books for the challenge. I am very excited about this challenge as I love this genre for movies but haven't really read this genre before.

The books I have chosen for this challenge are:

  1. 1984 by George Orwell [completed May 18th, 2007]
  2. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley [completed August 26th, 2007]
  3. The Giver by Lois Lowry [completed April 28th, 2007]
  4. The Road by Cormac McCarthy [completed July 4th, 2007]
  5. Oryx and Crake by Margaret Atwood [completed September 17th, 2007]

No comments: