Sunday, February 25, 2007

First Post

After reviewing all the great book blogs I decided it was time for me to create my own. I love to read and over the last several years I have been trying to expand my horizons by reading books that cross different genres as in the past I tended to read only thrillers/mysteries.

I created a book spreadsheet in 2002 to begin tracking the books I read and also provide the books with a rating so I thought it would be good to share my ratings and thoughts with other book lovers.

I have found that I am reading a lot more these days as my husband has been traveling quite a bit. I read on average about 4 books a month which I thought was pretty good until I compared to other book bloggers who seem to double this number. I have seen a number of great book challenges posted and hope to participate as I think these challenges will help me gain exposure to new authors.

I hope that those who visit my blog find it useful. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Joy said...

Welcome to the blog world!!! I'm so glad you took the plunge. Be forewarned...it's as addicting as reading! :)

Also, welcome to the Non-Fiction Five Challenge! I look forward to seeing your list.

And...I loved the last three of your Top 5, haven't read the other two.

Happy Reading! :)